Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Completed Cover Art for Madame B's 2010 Autobiographical CD

The elaborate song book liner notes I'd planned for my 2010 Autobiographical CD didn't materialize, but I'm quite pleased with the cover art. I used glossy reproductions of vintage tropical postcards as a backdrop. I painted a figure with acrylic paint and scratched away excess to create detail. Each of the self portraits each turned out differently and I quite like that they look like phantoms. I attached the postcards to the cover with photo corners and used a white pencil to write in the playlist.






Is there a favorite song for you that reminds you of the past year? I'd love to hear all about it!

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a wonderful idea...I would love to do this! My Dad gave me a CD of his favorite music a few months before he died and I treasure it. I have not listened to music as much this past few months....I need to change that! Love your art, too! ♥

tangata said...

The cover is even better in person, the matte over shiny is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...