Monday, July 02, 2012

A Reminder: Perfection is Now.

photo via Smithsonian Natural History Museum



"The world is not imperfect or slowly evolving along a path to perfection. No, it is perfect at every moment, every sin already carries grace in it." -Herman Hesse via The Writer's Almanac


What's that? Eleven days since my last post? I haven't written a thing about my visit to New York City yet? Oh dear, I've been in Minneapolis for exactly a week already, and I haven't written about that either? My belly is rolling out from so much eating out and too many cocktails? I'm having trouble staying in my body, living in this moment? I'm trying to manage other people's lives and energies again? 


Here's the lovely thing, I can forgive myself for all these sins, not just because I'm on vacation, but because I am learning to let go and come back to my center whenever I finally notice that I have wandered away from it. 


I made it to yoga at last this morning. And I felt teary eyed more than once as my body continued to remind me how much I had needed to be kind to it and how much sadness I had been storing up needlessly. It felt so good to just let it go, let it go, let it go. My teacher's words of wisdom echoed out again, "The spirit loves it when you care for your body."


Have you had any reminders to savor this exact moment recently? I'd love to hear about them. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...