Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Weapon in my Battle With Adult Acne


I've had a longstanding battle with adult acne, (I'm nearing 30 now and it hasn't budged!) and finally found a solution a few years back in Daniel Kern's Acne.org products. They worked well for years and I recomended them to friends struggling to clear up their skin. (I was so moved by the response I got to this post, I know I'm not the only one dealing with the embarrassment and frustration of adult acne.)

Recently however, I developed an allergy to the benzoyl peroxide in the treatment regimen, and reluctantly stopped using it. Immediately I suffered a vicious breakout that lasted more than a month. I was trying tea tree oil and aloe, along with fish oil supplements but it was looking hopeless.

My friend Lisa lent me a sample of Mario Badescu's buffering lotion, saying it had always served her well in clearing up painful cystic acne. It seemed to help, so I ordered the acne treatment kit (from Nordstrom's fantastic new website! Did you know they offer free shipping and free returns EVERYWHERE? Including Hawaii?). I've been impressed by the gentle, steady relief it's offered me, as well as the absence of harsh chemicals. My skin still isn't perfect, but it's much happier and I'm hopeful that it will continue to get healthier.  I am looking forward to trying some of the other products in this line as well. Though the amounts seem tiny given the prices, I find that they do last a long time and they feel natural and unfussy. I will definitely be trying more of this line.

What is your skin care regimen? Any favorite products to recommend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...