Sunday, December 26, 2010

DIY with the Fab Miss B: Lipstick Palette

Since I was so pleased with the results of my DIY Make-up Palette, I thought I'd do the same thing with my lipstick collection. The humid weather of Hawaii seems to make my lipsticks gloopy and they often break off. I decided to condense them. Here's how I did it.

First, I used a butter knife to slice the tops off the lipsticks and put them into metal lip balm containers I purchased on Etsy. I used a chopstick to scoop out every last pigmented blob.

I preheated the oven to 300, lined a baking sheet with foil and set my containers in a little line.

After 10 minutes, my lipsticks were mirror smooth, with a bit of overflow from one or two. I left them to cool undisturbed for a few hours.

Then I wiped the containers clean.

And added them to my palette with a bit of hot glue. How great does that look? My make up bag just keeps getting more streamlined- I'm loving it! What essentials are in your make-up bag? I always curl my eyelashes and add a bit of mascara- if I have time for nothing else, it's the biggest bang for your buck and always makes me look more awake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...