Monday, November 15, 2010

DIY with the Fab Miss B: Faux Mercury Glass

I love the look of Mercury Glass and I thought I'd try my hand at making my own faux version to use as votive candle holders. To give this project a whirl, you will need:

Metallic Spraypaint
Misting Spray Bottle of Water
Scissors
Tape
Recycled Paper
A glass vase or drinking glass

First, line the outside of the glass with the paper, taping it closed and trimming away the excess.

Next, spray the inside of the clean glass object with a fine mist of water. Don't be shy- the mist will make the spraypaint look mottled and antiqued- just what we're after.

Working quickly, lightly coat the inside of the glass with the metallic spray. Let dry overnight.

Voila! You've just created a beautiful antiqued centerpiece for your holiday table! Now, wasn't that easy?

What have you been making lately?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mercury glass is so beautiful. I love your step by step instructions. I'm now following you and I'll be sure to use this soon so, I've made a link from my blog to yours =)

Please, follow me in return.

Thanks.

www.bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...