Thursday, June 05, 2008

Miss B's Port-A-Studio

I've shown you my studio before, but like everything in my life, it's in a state of flux. We won't be in China much longer, and there will likely be an undetermined period of gypsy living, so I am paring down my supplies into a mini Port-A-Studio.



These four bins are the essence of my traveling studio. I am hoping to refine it further still because this doesn't include my stashes of paper ephemera which I can't bear to toss.



This contains all my embroidering and sewing supplies. I love boxes that allow you to see all the contents at once and have lots of dividers so I can sort materials by color and type.



The bigger one is loaded with glitter, sharpies, watercolor pencils, floral tape, ceramic paint, watercolor paints, exact-o knives, pliers and wire cutters. Unfortunately for luggage weight restrictions this momma weighs almost twelve pounds.



Here are my ballerina making supplies; pipe cleaners, wooden knobs(a little disturbing to see their pretty little heads threaded on skewers, no?) and lots of ribbons, fabric scraps, buttons, lonely earrings, feathers, leaves, butterflies, silk flowers and on and on. My favorite grommet hole punch from Paper Source, bone folder and these fantastic glue pens from Martha which I like for applying glitter.



This one contains my greeting card supplies and stash of Polaroid film. Did you hear they are discontinuing it? Must resist impulse to hoard! The pretty Japanese mint tins hold sealing wax and paper clips.

I can certainly see why security always leaves inspection notices in my checked luggage. These are certainly not the sort of thing the average traveler has in her suitcases!

6 comments:

Julie Ann Art said...

Everything looks so organized and pretty! Wish my work space looked like that! ;]

storybeader said...

Hope airport security lets you through with those skewered heads! They're cute.

Nora said...

wow, your organized! I have plastic boxes too but I usually have to rummage through them to find things! :D Love your dolls, btw. Very pretty!

The Fab Miss B said...

Thanks for peaking gals! I'm really sorry to give up my office, but its temporary and will make way for something more permanent!

RainyDayArt said...

You're way more organized than I am!

Anonymous said...

Love the Port-a-studio ... I did the gypsy homeless thing last year for six months. My must-have art stuff took up more room than my clothes did ... shows where the priorities lay. It is so much fun when you are reunited with your stuff in storage because it is like Christmas. I had forgotten about a lot of items I had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...