Sunday, August 20, 2006

Six Things I am glad about...


1) Tulle is cheap cheap cheap. Now that my wedding dress is in my possession, I feel a more dramatic veil may be in order...
2) My arms and legs look significantly more toned and lean thanks to the Mexican sunshine and all that tanning lotion I've been employing since March. (Of course things look flabby and alarming when they are glowing white! Fat is white and tasteless on its own...so it follows that when your are baked golden brown you look more delicious.)
3) George Clooney as the embodiment of old fashioned elegance. He's got charisma, charm, good looks, the perfect suits and it seems as though he might have character too. (Good Night and Good Luck just gave me shivers...)
4) Pistachio Gelato. What can I tell you that you don't already know? It was invented for August afternoons in a cafe and must be shared to be fully savoured.
5) "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. I'm trying to make Gabriel and Samara learn it. I think we are close. They definitely know the chorus ("Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, JoLEAN! Please don't take him just because you can...")
6)It rained and the humidity dissipated and now its just a cool breeze blowing through my boxed up house. I keep thinking, I'll take down the curtains tomorrow...but they looks so pretty with the air billowing in them. I think I'll wait a little longer. Gotta hold onto this feeling, 'cause its getting time to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...