Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY with The Fab Miss B: Fancy Up Grocery Store Roses with a Ti Leaf Bow!


Remember this flower arrangement I put together for our Anniversary? I used grocery store roses and greens from my backyard, but I wanted to share one of my favorite tricks to make an ordinary bouquet feel really special and professional looking. Here's how to make a ti leaf bow.

Take an ordinary ti leaf and gently bend it in half, holding the tip of the leaf to the stem. I'm lucky to have ti leaves growing right outside my door in beautiful Hawaii, but they are readily available in most florist shops as well.

Secure with a few loops of waterproof Davey Tape.


That's it! Now you have a beautiful accent leaf that doubles as great filler.

Here are my grocery store circus roses and all the greens I found in my backyard. Scrounge around in your yard too- even at this time of year you can find probably find some beautiful evergreens that will feel seasonally appropriate and reference wherever it is you live.

Do you have any great flower tricks for arranging at home?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...