Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last Minute Christmas Gift for Co-Workers: A Civilized Teacup of Goodies!

It's been a roller coaster week, hence the light posting on the old blog. While I gather my thoughts, here's a last minute gift idea for someone you'd like to thank that will make them feel a lot more special than a boring old gift card.

Find some pretty tea cups or mugs- the thrift store is always a good spot. These were from my cupboard- found on clearance at Anthropologie ages ago and used only once or twice. Now someone else can enjoy them as if they are brand new.

Fill them with a few of your favorite beverages. I made several at once so I bought boxes of things and divied them up. So inexpensive. I chose Constant Comment Orange Spice Tea- a classic I've been drinking since my very first tea party! I also included a packet of Starbucks Salted Caramel hot cocoa and a pretty pretzel covered in white chocolate and peppermint.

I make it a point only to give gifts I would love to receive, and all of these goodies are tried and true favorites. Don't grab something you've never tasted to give. What if it's dreadful? And the bonus is that you get to savor the extras yourself!

I wrapped each one in a bit of cellophane and attached a matching gift tag and ribbon. So much more thoughtful than something grabbed off the shelf. Each of my recipients was delighted and I know they'll enjoy a little dash of civility in their hectic day to day at school when they pause to sip from their fancy new teacups!

Who do you like to thank with a little something at this time of year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...