Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tired of Pumpkin Pie Again? Try these.


Although I love tradition as much as the next guy, sometimes the old Thanksgiving menu gets tired and uninspired. This year, I decided to make a variety of pies and desserts I'd never tried before. Although the menfolk I'll be dining with did request (nay, insist!) pumpkin, I also included:


My friend Gwen's killer Avocado Pie (Sort of a creamy twist on Key Lime)

Kim's Lilikoi Cheesecake (I'm not much of a cheesecake enthusiast, but the tartness of the lilikoi and the crisp pecan cookie crust won me over in one bite. She simply substituted tart lilikoi, also known as unsweetened passion fruit juice for the lemon. Heaven.)

What are you making for Thanksgiving this year?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Becky for mentioning my pie! I hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm so flattered!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...