Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Party Favors


This year, I'll have the pleasure of celebrating my birthday in Minnesota with my family and lots of dear old friends. Instead of a million separate birthday dinners, I thought it would be fun to throw one giant bash. I've rented a rec center and started menu planning with my mum (Butterbeer will be served in honor of Mr. Harry Potter and thanks to the no booze rule of the public park service!) I'm also planning to have everyone carve or paint a pumpkin.

I found these great miniature faux pumpkins on super clearance after Thanksgiving last year, and I thought they would make fun party favors. I painted little eyes and mouths on them with acrylic paint and now I can't stop smiling every time I pass them. Aren't they funny?

Do you carve a pumpkin every year? I heard there might be a pumpkin shortage this year because of all the severe weather in the northeast. So get yours early!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Great ideas. I'm headed to Michael's to see what I can find for Thanksgiving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...