Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Open Letter to Anthropologie's Shoe Buyer


Dear Anthropologie (Beloved & Adored Above All Other Retail Chains),

I do realize that "quirky", "vintage-inspired" and "creative" are your calling cards. I love that. And no where is this aesthetic more visible than in your footwear offerings. They are, shall we say, rather European selections. (Sometimes verging on clown like.)

I trust your curation and all, but could you tell me a little more about the customer who would buy these peacock inspired heels? What is she wearing them with? Where is she going in them? But most of all, can you tell me why she is so determined to have her feet look like a thick pair of Marie Antoinette's baroque piano legs?

Though confused, I remain as devoted to your sale racks as ever I was,

Madame B

1 comment:

R. said...

I have no idea who would wear these, but I think I'd like to be her for a day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...