Monday, August 22, 2011

Morning Ritual: A Monster Mug for Mister and Missus

I snapped up a pair of these monster mugs from Lenny Mud and they make me smile every morning. Because this is exactly how I feel before my first cup of Joe. It's not the caffeine per say, since I often end up having only a few sips and then leave it to get ice cold on a tabletop somewhere. It's the bleary eyed ritual of it. Sending the beans whizzing that sharp, dramatic zip through the grinder. Cleaning out the filter. Pouring the fresh grinds in. Adding the water. Listening to the whole mess begin to gurgle happily. And then that delightful smell that tells you the day is about to begin. I wouldn't do without that.

What's your morning ritual? Does it involve coffee?

1 comment:

Lorrie Veasey said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! I think we all feel like the dead before our first cup of caffeine. You have a beautiful blog and great taste, LOL. Many thanks!
Lorrie
http://www.Lennymud.etsy.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...