Saturday, September 04, 2010

DIY with the Fab Miss B: Orange Chocolate Mousse

Oprah's version...

My friend Gwen and I trade magazines when we are through with them- I hand over my "Real Simple" and she gives me her "O Magazine". I've been on a huge velvety chocolate kick lately that has included this amazing bananna graham cracker chocolate icebox cake and these chocolate truffles, so I when I saw this recipe, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Wowza. It was divine.

My version!

I skipped the gold flakes (We can't all garnish our desserts with precious metals Oprah!) but purchased some exquisite candied orange peels from The End Piece on Etsy. If I were making this recipe again, I think I'd add a bit more Grand Marnier, or perhaps add it nearer the end since the orange flavor got a bit overwhelmed by the chocolate. But wowie, the texture was so light and airy, yet so rich and velvety. Mmmm! Have you tried any new recipes lately?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...