Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New Gig


Hello all!

No posting the past week due to the commencement of a new job! I'll be tutoring at the nearby elementary school after school three days a week. On Wednesdays I'll be teaching two art enrichment classes for Kindergarden through Fifth Graders. (Lucky for them I won't be teaching any math. They need a fellow like the one above for that.) Very excited and feeling very humbled by the way the universe just plopped this opportunity at my feet via a little light conversation at a Christmas Cocktail party.

The school is high up on a hill overlooking the town. It's foggy and cooler up there, and lush with coffee farms where world famous Kona coffee is grown. Many of the kids I'm tutoring have parents who work on the farms picking, roasting and packing beans. When the kids have quieted down to study, you can sometimes hear roosters crowing. It's wonderful.

Have you had any great moments of serendipity lately? P.S) Did you know "serendipity" is one of the top five most difficult English words to translate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O miss b!
I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to come visit and am wishing I could see you with your classes!
loves,
mom

Simply Sarah said...

Congratulations my love! I can't wait to hear more about how your classes are going! It sounds like just a perfect fit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...