Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Transforming Him into a Dandy one Accessory at a Time...

I've often felt that E has a streak of the English Dandy in him. He's always loved ridiculous hats- he has a top hat, a German country hat that stops just short of the feather, and a large collection of wool Kangol hats inherited from his Grandfather, and as a little boy he had an extensive umbrella collection. But he also carries along the heavy baggage of Midwestern conventionality and the conservatism of a shy person who prefers to go unnoticed. (I.E lots of blue and brown.)

So, I see my role in the evolution of his closet as nudging him further and further towards the outlandish and eccentric things to which he is secretly drawn. I'd love nothing more than to see him dashing down the street in a hot pink suit and coordinating silk paisley overcoat. But, I recognize that the man has his limits (and pink it's connotations...). So what about beginning with here, with an exceptionally beautiful pair of shoes?


I challenge you to find a more sophisticated and dapper pair of shoes. These babies would definitely ensure that you put effort into everything else you put on.



Or these gorgeous sunglasses (as seen in Quantum of Solace on the heinous villain- sorry I can't find a better image)from Cutler and Gross? I love the extra thick wood grain frames. The ones James Bond sportedwere pretty fabulous too.

What's the most adventurous thing you've ever convinced your significant other to wear?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...