Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Getting dressed just got a little more fabulous!

I’m not generally a big Coach fan. It seems like the brand is everywhere and way too logo-riffic for my taste. But when I saw their spring ad in Chinese Vogue, I started jonesing for these sandals.



I love peachy pedicures against tanned skin, and the ad made me think of luxuriating in Morroco seaside in an elaborate tent or a beneath a fringed parasol. I searched Shenzhen high and low for a copy since $190 dollar sandals are not even feasible- I don’t care what In Style calls a bargain buy. No luck. Then I began scouring e-bay. The prices there were better- more in the $130 dollar range- but I still couldn’t rationalize it.

Besides dropping lots of Birthday hints to E, I had given up hope. After all, Fall is upon us. And then, to my delight, I stumbled upon a pair at The Rack. In my size. For ninety bucks.



I snatched them up. This is still way more than I’d normally pay for a pair of sandals- but I’m calling this fate. And I can wear them all winter long in sunny Sin City. What do you think? Am I delusional, or were these worth the splurge?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...