Friday, July 04, 2008

Doilies: Frumpy or Granny Chic?




While I've never been a fan of doilies underneath tchotchkies, I do love the intricacies of crochet. My grandmother has a collection that are heavily starched and they hang in her windows all winter long. They look exactly like snowflakes and I love them.

I came across these brightly hued ones during a recent trip to the thrift store. Arranged like this, they remind me of a kaleidoscope or a psychedelic record cover. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet. Maybe starch them into bowl shapes and use them for candy dishes? Or appliqué them onto pillow covers or a bedspread? Or frame them in two giant panes of glass like pressed flowers? With so many ideas, I'm glad I snatched them up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...