Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pop! Whoosh! Fizz!

I desperately wanted a champagne fountain like this one at our wedding, but apparently those with the necessary expertise are scarce in Minneapolis...



But the idea never really left my mind because a few months ago I made this little painting with the idea of working it out in finer detail later. (Sometimes I have mad flurries of ideas, so I make quick sketches and notes to myself, planning to return to the idea.)



I worked on it some more, but I felt like the blue wasn't working and might not translate to a printed greeting card very well...



...Which led me to this...




Which led me to this. I'm quite happy with it. Now off to the printers to see if they can do a wrap around "surprise" card like this. I'm optimistic. I think these would make great all occasion cards, perfect for a graduations, weddings, anniversaries and birthdays alike. Although Madame B doesn't need a reason to drink champagne. Never resist the temptation to open a bottle just because! You'll be so glad you did.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...