Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pipecleaner Parade: Paulette




During a recent trip into Hong Kong I hit upon a stash of these little feather butterflies which I simply love. I have a fairly large collection of them and lots of big plans. I think they would make a perfect crown for a flower girl or a very pretty mobile in a little girl's room. And I did see them used to great effect on stage once; my Dad danced in the Jeune Lune production of Maria de Buenos Aires. I distinctly remember one scene where the performers held little wired butterflies aloft and the effect was so startlingly lifelike it gave me goosebumps.

Anyway, this one ended up as a hat for Paulette the pipe cleaner lady. Her skirt is a giant silk garden rose that took quite a bit of finagling to get poufy enough. I think I'm living out all my wildest fashion fantasies through these little ladies. For more, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...