Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pipecleaner Parade: Lula Mae






When I first finished this little gal's dress I was thinking she had a real Dorothy vibe, but I couldn't figure out how to give her braids without getting too literal and gluing on yarn or something equally hoakey. (Its a fine line with these funny little things, they could suddenly get to be a frumpy tschotsky instead of light, funny and whimsical. That probably makes more sense in my head, but I'm sticking with it.)

In the end, I still feel like she has kind of a country vibe, but more like country girl going into the city for a big night out in her gingham Sunday best. Think William Faulkner meets The Music Man and you have a vague idea of what she reminds me think of. (And her name is a reference to Breakfast at Tiffany's for all you Audrey Hepburn geeks out there!)Click here for more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...