Friday, April 27, 2007

Sunshine and Hanging your hat equals inspiration.


We have arrived in Scottsdale at last. It feels so good to be in one place, on a real bed, with my clothes in authentic dresser drawers and on hangers in an actual closet and my lotions and potions lined up in the medicine cabinet like they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Ahhhhhh. (In a couple of days I'll be heading to Albuquerque to see my dear Jessica, but the point is that eventually I'll come back here. It is nice to hang my hat somewhere.)

We've mainly been unwinding in the pool, or with walks around Terravita in the morning before it gets too hot. I went to the dreaded JoAnn yesterday to pick up some paints and do-dahs. I'm excited to get back into a creative place. Eric and Greg have been encouraging me to write a book about our trip, so I am also trying to work through some ideas. It may still be too "near", but I am excited about doing the daily discipline of writing and thinking through all that we've learned.

Yesterday I was looking through some of the cool design blogs I've discovered recently through the Scoop and I found this lady who is doing a project called 365 days of Polaroids. I love the idea of making instant art photos of daily life and how the accumulation of these pics becomes a giant installment. The other wonderful discovery yesterday was that Masha Dayans (whose cards I've been buying at Target obsessively for about a year) has a fantastic website with all her lovely images. I want one of each. They are whimsical and lighthearted without being saccharine. They remind me of the illustrations in the Pipi Longstocking books. I think I'm going to keep a stack of them scattered around our room to inspire me to make a cool new watercolor every day. Let's see how this goes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...