Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I suppose there are worse fates than turning into Mary Poppins...


Well, I'm a nanny. Once again I enter the sordid and wacky world of Children. They are twins, a girl and a boy and they are three. Very charming and fun and their parents seem to have lives, so I think this will be a great arrangement. They want me to take the kids on outings and to the park, and to tea parties on the ceiling and soon I'll be powdering my nose with soot and dancing with chimney sweeps.

In other news, I am trying to make Eric the best Birthday dinner ever, since he doesn't really want any present presents. This means making Sour Kraut and Dumplings, a very special recipe passed down from Eric's grandmother to his mom Diane and now to me. I am a bit nervous. I only helped with the dumpling preparation once and the sour kraut has to simmer for five hours, which means five hours for me to not scorch anything, including, but not limited to the following; any of my appendages, either of my cats, dishtowels, the bottom of the stock pot and of course, the actual meal. I'll do my best. More on this Thursday when I actually attempt the damn thing. I hope to make Diane, Eric and his Grandma Nielsen very proud.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...