Sunday, June 05, 2011

DIY with The Fab Miss B: Gussy up those Dishtowels!


As I was packing up our house, I got a burst of creative energy. (Something about packing up all those craft supplies made me want to Use. Them. UP. Is it the same for you?) I decided to use some of my vast trim collection to gussy up some ordinary dish towels.

These are Dwell dishtowels from Target and I loved the look of them plain, but the addition of thrifted pom poms and crocheted daisies livened them up even more. (Have you ever noticed that second hand shops are a treasure trove of sewing notions? My favorite places make odds and ends into little grab bags for about $1. Usually there are just enough pom poms for a small project exactly like this.) And it was as simple as a whiz through the sewing machine.

Just as cute as the tea towels from Anthropologie, except I got 3 for $12 instead of 1 for $24. (This isn't my first post on this topic. I guess it's a pet peeve.) And I won't be afraid to get them dirty either. What have you gussied lately?

1 comment:

30on...Mom! said...

Found your post on Babble. Love it. Now follow you on Blogger.
Great Job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...