Sunday, June 17, 2012

Backstage at the Dancing Tree!


This was a few weeks back, but I thought you might like to see some of the photos from our dress rehearsal for The Dancing Tree's Spring Showcase. We tapped our hearts out! 


I've been dancing along side these ladies for over a year now and it's been so much fun to learn something new with them each week. It's been a great lesson in humility- I'm not great at tap, but I like the process of involving my body in learning. I think it's an important thing to keep learning new things, no matter how silly or shy you may feel at first. Those risks are always rewarded.


 I loved watching these girls primping with each other. Did you ever take ballet when you were a little girl?
There is nothing quite like the romance of a ballet bar, gleaming full length mirrors and pulling on a pair of toe shoes in pale rosebud pink satin, wrapping those long ribbons around your ankles and learning how to be poised and elegant. I remember my teacher telling us never to smile with our lips. "Smile with your eyes darlings!" she would say as we traced her steps across the honey colored floor.



Do you dance? What is your favorite style of dance?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...