Monday, June 27, 2011

Eating in Vienna: Candy Parade!

Gruss Gott! (That's how Vienese say "Hello"!) Due to a series of internet snafus I've been unable to post as much as I'd like. So even though we are actually in Vienna, I haven't been able to share any of our adventures in Rome yet. I'm not sure if I should try and catch up or just jump in where we are. While I'm debating, I thought I'd show you a few more little delicacies I've been enjoying right this second.

Haribo is king here, and though I'm not usually much of a gummy fan, I couldn't resist this 1.3 Kilo box of assorted goodness. These fluffy little white marshmallow mice are my favorites hands down, thought the twin cherries also have their charm.


The pretty packaging (an octagonal box!) drew me to these Moser Roth Pralines and they were a bit of a dissapointment to be honest. The peach filling in each truffle is quite saccharine. I think I prefer liqueur filled dark chocolates, or even cordials, because the alcohol adds a bit of bite and balances the sweetness. But aren't the wrappers pretty? They remind me of pineapples and I think it would be a charming way to do a party favor in Hawaii sometime.

Hope your week is as sweet as mine so far!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ah! Enjoy Vienna! I'm still jealous. We have a little German sausage shop here in Verona that carries a wide variety of Haribo products. I take advantage of that far too often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...