Sunday, March 06, 2011

DIY with the Fab Miss B: Tub Tea Party Favors!

My friend Kristin and I recently organized a Spa Night at Hy-Tec, a local cosmetology school for a group of friends. I wanted to send each of our guests home with a little memento and decided on "tub tea". Here's how I made them!

You will need muslin bags, baking soda, epsom or sea salt, rosemary and lavender. (I got my lavender from Layla and the muslin bags from That Final Touch.)


Combine 2 cups of baking soda with 1 cup sea salt, 1 cup lavender and 1/2 cup rosemary.

Mix well, scoop into muslin bags and tie shut. (The muslin bags keep the herbs from making a mess in the bottom of the bathtub. The salt and baking soda simply dissolve in the water.)

If you like, make labels with the ingredients and instructions. Mine read as follows:

Tub Tea:
Drop tea bag into hot bath for a soothing soak.

I'm learning calligraphy from my neighbor Margaret. I'm teaching her how to use the internet in exchange! How does my handiwork look?


I used stamps to decorate the front of the tag and a simple hole punch to tie it to the tea bag.

And of course I included my business card too! They were a big hit. Have you ever done a spa party? I highly recommend it! Everyone had a blast and left feeling so relaxed and refreshed.

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for the 'recipe'! I would love to make some of these! I can just imagine how good they smell! ♥

Anonymous said...

I love these!! How many were you able to make with your recipe?

The Fab Miss B said...

Each sachet held about 1/2 c of salts. I had to remix several batches to fill all 15 sachets, but I bought all my supplies (save the bulk lavender from Etsy) at Costco so it was really affordable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...