Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frida Meets Valentino



I have a great weakness for Taschen books. They are always so beautifully composed, with huge, luscious color photographs. I like to leave them open around the house and turn the pages every week or so to have a new piece of art staring at me. I liked the juxtaposition of this page in Valentino with this page in Frida . They seemed to fit together perfectly: the pomegranates, guitar and still life drapery against Frida's knitted brow and crown of flowers. I think she and Valentino would have understood each other, if they'd been able to get past their politics. (Because which designer loves capitalism in general and money in particular more than Valentino?!) What are your favorite art books?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...