Friday, August 27, 2010

Speaking of contests, the lucky winner of 84 Charing Cross Road is One Blonde Girl who wrote:

"The most memorable book I've read lately is Love and War in Londonby Olivia Cockett who may or may not be a distant relative of mine (my grandmother was a Cockett from England). The book is made up published entries from Olivia's daily, war time diaries from 1939-1942. Despite the significant differences our lives have, I'm constantly amazed by how much she and I have in common in regards to how we live our lives, our political views and our social views. I'm so glad I snagged this book from my mom when I was last home (she couldn't "get into it")."


Sounds like a great read! Adding it to my wishlist now. Enjoy your copy of 84 Charing Cross Road- I think it will be a perfect follow up book. Thanks to everyone for your entries!

Cheerio!

Becky

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats to the winner! I would like to read this book, too! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...