Friday, July 09, 2010

DIY Statement Necklace in Black


Flushed with the success of my last statement necklace, I began another one- this time in black. (I keep thinking about Odille & Odette from Swan Lake as I work on these!) I bought a few scraps of lace from the divine Etsy shop Mary Not Martha (she'll be back in action on July 17th dearies!) and then added ribbon rosettes and daisies of my own making, plus some dahlia-esque plumes of polka dotted tulle, some jet black beads, cut glass buttons and of course, sequins! Very pleased with how it looks, just trying to decide what to hang the applique from. I'm leaning a delicate black chain (perhaps like this)- what do you think?




I think I'll have to make plans for a hot date with my hubby when this is complete- it has BIG NIGHT OUT written all over it. What are you working on lately?

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love wearing black! I'm doing some art right now! ♥

jodi french paper arts said...

i love your style

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...