Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Make Your Own Jolly Roger Cupcake Flags!

Here's how to make your own Jolly Roger Cupcake Flags! (No time to make your own? I've got 22 left and I'd be happy to ship them to you for $5. Email me at thefabulousmissbATgmailDOTcom and I'll send you a paypal invoice!)

If you'd like to make your own, you will need:

Black Paper (mine was 12x12" cardstock)
Paper Cutter or scissors
Toothpicks
Hot Glue Gun
Silver or White Sharpie

First, cut your cardstock into rectangles.

I made mine 1" wide by 2" across...

and got 48 flags from my 12x12" paper.

Heat up your hot glue gun and get out those toothpicks!

Draw a fine line of hot glue on one side of the flag.

Then press your toothpick into it. I made sure to alternate the sides so that I didn't end up with them all facing the same direction.

You're halfway done!

Next, draw on the skull & crossbones Ed Emberly style. First, a figure eight for the eyes.

Then, a triangle for the nose.

Add lines for the teeth.

And finish off the top of the skull.

Then, add the bones in an X on either side.

The finished pile!





Ready to feed to hungry pirates!

3 comments:

April said...

These are cool, but I'm going to admit, when I first saw this heading, I thought we were making candy cupcake flags. You know, out of Jolly Ranchers? (Yeah, I know, but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet) And I was all super excited because I've tried to make Jolly Rancher windows before, and kind of failed, and I thought you would have some cool tips. *sigh* I need more coffee.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how fun! Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking.

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits said...

These are too cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...