Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Make Your Own Fancy Gift Bag

I found a big bundle of colorful gift bags for $5 and had a light bulb moment. I could gussy them for gifts giving with some odds and ends. Want to play along? You will need:

Plain paper bags- the natural kraft ones would be pretty too.
Fruit Netting- like the kind limes, tomatoes, oranges and onions come in.
Ric Rac and Ribbon- I love to find mine at thrift shops. For this project, you can use oddly sized pieces leftover from other projects.
Stapler (a hot glue gun would work well too)


Cut your fruit netting to size and staple it along the sides.

Add your ric rac, ribbon or lace the same way.


Ta da! Don't those look cute? Perfect for hostess gifts, birthday goody bags or even Christmas presents. Let me know how yours turn out, won't you? What are you working on lately?

1 comment:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Ooh pretty! I love this for Christmas. I love to pick a couple of colors and wrap everything in the colors I've chosen for the year. This would be so much fun to do. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...