Monday, May 31, 2010

Decorating with American Flags


Happy Memorial Day all! I hope you take a moment to remember all the fine men and women who have given their lives in service of our country. We owe them so much.

Did you put out your flag to celebrate today? The Wisteria catalog just arrived in my mailbox and I loved the way they displayed the flag on a curtain rod here- the little scallops at the top look festive but so unstudied and casual. the pillows are a bit much in my opinion, but I love the idea of displaying an ordinary object in an unexpected way to make it feel really special. The large scale of the flag really helps this to work, don't you think? I found some cool reproductions of vintage U.S Flags here and, if you've got big bucks to spend, some real antique flags here.

Wishing you a wonderful long weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...