Friday, November 30, 2007

Tis Better to Give than to...well you know.

So here's a few things I'm giving this year. Three Hip Hip Hoorays for the internet and UPS!

1)Flowers from B.Brooks. This is a high end wire service that you can always count on to do something gorgeous sans baby's breath and carnations and LED lights that spell out "Merry Christmas". Think amaryllis, calla lilies and hyacinth instead. They deliver pretty much anywhere in the continental U.S.A.



2) This beautiful letter press desk calendar by Ilee. I love that the "stand" is a C.D jewel case. Whose desk doesn't need a little dose of pretty?



3) I love the idea of sending an entire cake just in time for Christmas dinner. Although I haven't yet tasted anything by Steel City Bakery, I'd love to. I think a red velvet cake would be just right on a Christmas table, with a little sprig of holly on top. But don't you wonder, how on earth can they send a cake in the mail? That must be where elves come in mighty handy.



4)I'm not usually big on coasters, but these by Robot Candy are soo cool. I think a collection of 'em would look great hung on a wall in a little row, or as trivets in the kitchen.



5) The kids in my life are getting something I loved to play with when I was little. Calico Critters are teeny tiny little forest creatures decked out in pinafores and overalls. A little strange, perhaps, but sooo fun. I had the bear family and can still remember all the little accessories. The kitchen was the best with the itsy bitsy tea cups and plates and even a tiny rolling pin. (Perhaps for Mrs. Bear to bop Mr. Bear over the head with if he frolicked too long on the way home from work.) I loved it and I hope they do too.


Merry Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...