Sunday, August 05, 2007

Five Things I'm lusting after...

1) This gorgeous vintage looking camera by Leica is actually a digital SLR...I am imagining it looking great hanging round my neck when we go to see the Great Wall, not to mention all the beautiful shots I"ll get.

2) I found these patent leather ballet flats at one of my favorite shops here in Coco park. They are a little spendy for China at $350 yaun (about $50 U.S dollars) so I"m waiting for a sale. They do fit like a glove though...
3)This charming journal from Inspire Company is one of a kind. It is filled with pages of vintage ephemera, old sheet music, poems, love letters. Its the kind of thing you'd love to fill with poems, pressed flowers and maybe a lock of hair with a ribbon round it. A little treasure trove.


4) A nice bottle of champagne. It is my absolute favorite and we haven't seen a decent (reasonably priced) bottle since we've been here. Don't you love this lady though? I love how the foam of her champagne turns into the sumptuous ruffles of her dress. I think my craving began this weekend when I watched Marie Antoinette again. That girl knew about decadence, that much is certain.


5) I thought it would be easy to find pretty paper parasols once I arrived, but they have proven illusive. All I've seen are ugly neon colored nylon ones. This one would be much more to my liking for keeping the sun off my head.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...