Thursday, August 02, 2007

Best Banana Bread Ever

Eric and I found ourselves needing a little taste of home this week, so I e-mailed my mom for my Great Gram's banana bread recipe. It's best to use overripe bananas, and luckily Eric and I always think we'll eat more bananas then we really do. So I throw em in the freezer once they get past edibility and once I have enough of 'em I whip up a batch . It turned out great, especially considering I can't find any baking soda in China. (We used a little extra baking powder and lemon juice as a substitute.)


Banana Bread
makes two 9x5 loaves
3/4 c butter
2 1/4 c sugar
3 eggs, 4 if smallish
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c very ripe mashed bananas(about)
3 c flour
3/4 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/3 c sour milk or buttermilk
1 1/2 c chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs,vanilla and bananas
Sift together(or not) flour salt baking powder baking soda
Add to creamed mixture alternating with sour milk. Fold in nuts.
Bake in greased and floured pans at 350 for 30-40
minutes or until tester comes out clean!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...