Sunday, January 06, 2008

More Embroidery Madness





I'm still getting my thoughts together about our Thailand adventure, so those posts will be up in a few days. In the meantime, I wanted to show you some of the new dishtowels I just polished off. These are experimental ones I did on some Ikea dishtowels I had lying around. I think next time I'll add some crazy fabric appliqués to make the bodies of the birds stand out a bit more. I used an Aunt Martha pattern from Colonial Patterns.

I like these better than the ones I did on the flour sacks because I can never seem to keep my kitchen towels nice and white. I'm a grubby gal I guess. The colored ones seem to last longer in my kitchen, so I"m sure they will in other people's as well. These Ikea dishtowels are great because they also have a little loop at the top to hang them from a hook if you are too lazy to fold them up like me...

I've got a few more embroidery projects in the works that I'm really excited about. These are my own designs, that I drew with a sharpie marker and then traced onto the fabric with pencil. They promise to be quite charming if I do say so myself. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...